We doctors are excited to announce that we’re teaming up with Web Directions @media to bring you something very special. Not only are we a community partner for the event, but several of us will be running an HTML5 clinic to help cure your next generation markup ailments. We’ve also got some great discounts for the event to ensure you get the best deal available.
A Note about Web Directions @media
Founded in 2005, @media is recognised as one of the world’s leading conferences for web professionals. We pride ourselves on keeping up to date on the latest developments in the design and development world. That means HTML5 has a big presence in our program of hand-picked world-leading experts this year. Here’s a taste of some of the HTML5 related talks and workshops that are taking place:
- HTML5 Doctor Bruce Lawson gives the lowdown on HTML5 for web designers, covering new semantic markup features, the HTML5 video and audio elements, and much more
- Fellow clinician Remy Sharp gets out his scalpel and dissects what HTML5 has to offer for application developers. He’ll also be delivering a full-day workshop on the same topic
- Jeremy Keith delivers a full-day workshop on semantic markup featuring HTML5
- Jonathan Stark looks at how you can use web technologies including HTML5 to build native applications for platforms like Android, iPhone, and iPad
- Matt Biddulph, founder of Dopplr, looks at adding geolocation to your web applications
Plus much, much more! For a complete rundown on what’s going on, see the full @media schedule.
All of us at HTML5 Doctor are very excited to announce that there will also be a special HTML5 clinic as part of the @media Expo. Led by various HTML5 Doctors, we’ll help cure what ails you when it comes to HTML5. Full details of the clinic will be made available shortly. We’ll be sure to let you know first.
We’ve managed to get you a great discount on both the workshops and conference attendance. All you have to do is use the discount code ‘HTML5Dr‘ when booking and you’ll be eligible for the following:
- HTML5 Doctor Remy Sharp’s “HTML5 for Web App Developers” workshop for £275 (£50 off)
- Jeremy Keith’s “Get Semantic with Microformats and HTML5″ for £275 (£50 off)
- Conference attendance for £399 (before discount period ends [around May 7th])
- Conference attendance for £449 (after discount period ends)
So be sure to get the best deal on tickets and book before May 7th! If you’re going, let us know by leaving a comment below. We hope to see you all there!